We’ve all been there- getting an invite to a party at the last minute…what to wear? What should I do with my hair? What about my face?
If you’ve ever been in that situation, then I’ve got you covered! This is a super quick and really easy look that can be completed in about 10 minutes (or less!). This is a very simple, yet classy look for any type of holiday event. The key to this look is using neutral tones on the eyes and throwing in a bright lip. Any bright colour will do! Do you like red? Rock it! What about pink? Pick it!
- I’m a complexion girl, so I always start with my favourite foundation (starting with foundation also gives it an opportunity to set into the skin)
- Next, I prime my eyes (the Nars Smudge Proof eyeliner has been my go-to lately)
- Choose a colour that is a few shades darker than your skin tone, and buff through the crease
- Follow that with a wash of a light colour all over the lid (in this case I used Stila “Kitten”)
- Buff a darker colour (usually dark brown) through the outer 1/3 of your eye. This step can be messy, because you will tidy it up concealer.
- Apply and blend in concealer.
- Set foundation and concealer with powder.
- Draw on winged eyeliner with liquid, gel or powder
- Line water line and tight line with black kohl
- Add lots of mascara
- Blush, bronzer and highlight
- Bright lips- this is really the key to looking polished! Whatever colour you are comfortable in, this is the time to rock it!
Do you have a go-to look for holiday parties? I’d love to see it! Tag me, @NatHennessey on Twitter or Instagram!